Store owner FAQ
What is nishe?
nishe is built to support independent neighbourhood retail stores. Unlike other platforms, you are not competing with "big box" or online-only stores. Our goal is to help you reach people who want to shop locally and support stores in your neighbourhood.
How much does it cost to be listed on nishe?
We currently offer two member plans:
- The Free & Verified plan is free, forever, no strings attached.
- The Supporter plan is $199/year or $20/month.
All prices in Canadian dollars. For more information and to sign up today, see our pricing page.
What are the benefits of signing up?
Listings and search
- Free & Verified stores appear more prominently in neighbourhoods, categories, and search results.
- Supporter stores are additionally rotated through the top spots on every page!
- Free & Verified stores can add up to 3 pictures.
- Supporter stores can add up to 12 pictures, and will soon be able to connect an Instagram profile to automatically show your latest social media content with no extra effort!
How do I sign up for nishe?
Visit the pricing page and select our Free or Supporter plan. We'll contact you, usually within 48 hours, if we need any additional information about your store.
I’m already listed, how do I verify my information?
Complete the signup form. We'll contact you, usually within 48 hours, if we need any additional information about your store.
How do I remove my store from nishe?
We're sorry to see you go! Please contact us and we will remove your store page, usually within 48 hours.
What payment methods do you accept?
We accept credit card payments only. Our payment processor, Stripe, accepts Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and JCB credit cards.
What is your cancellation policy?
Contact us at any time to cancel your membership. You will continue to receive the benefits of your pre-paid membership until the end of your billing period, at which time your membership will not be renewed.
Annual customers who cancel within 30 days of their renewal date can receive a full refund.
When does my credit card get charged?
As soon as your subscription starts, and then annually or monthly thereafter, depending on your chosen plan.
Search and listings
How do shoppers find my store on nishe?
Users can currently search for stores by name, category, or location. Your store will also appear in neighbourhood and category listings.
How are stores listed on each page?
- New stores have not been verified by the owner. The information was submitted by a shopper, or gathered manually from your online presences. Stores are rotated to ensure equal exposure.
- Free & Verified stores appear more prominently in neighbourhoods, categories, and search results, and can add up to 3 pictures.
- Supporter stores are rotated through the top spots on every page, add up to 12 pictures, and will soon benefit from Instagram profile integration!
For more information and to sign up today, see our pricing page.